Source: Kicks On Fire
Adidas Originals have introduced the Iniki Runner. The all-new silhouette draws inspiration from the 1970s running culture and is updated with modern Boost technology and comfort. They slip on fast thanks to their sock-like structure, and feature Suede overlays on the toe and heel that lend a vintage look to the stretch mesh upper. The vintage-style shoes are available in several colors from today, so act quickly, these should fly off the shelves.
As an additional tidbit of information regarding the shoes, the Adidas page shares with us the reason why they chose ‘Iniki’ as the name of their new shoes:
“In Hawaiian, the word iniki can mean sharp, piercing gales, like a hurricane. Yet it can also mean to punch or rip, like pangs of love. What better name for these shoes inspired by swift ’70s runners? Suede overlays on the toe and heel lend a vintage look to the stretch-mesh upper. These shoes slip on fast thanks to their sock-like structure. boost™ helps energise your step, while webbed rubber outsole offers great traction.”
They also mention the characteristics of their Iniki shoes:
- boost™ is our most responsive cushioning ever: The more energy you give, the more you get
- Two-way stretch mesh and vintage suede upper; Shiny mesh tongue
- Printed serrated 3-Stripes
- Hidden sock construction for easy slip-on comfort; Deconstructed heel cap
- Enjoy the comfort and performance of OrthoLite® sockliner
- Webbed gum rubber outsole
Did you like this article? then please check out this one!